Trip Planner: South Pacific / Australia / Northern Territory / Top End / Katherine / MiMi Aboriginal Art & Craft
Mimi is an Aboriginal owned and operated not for profit art centre. More than 50 per cent of sales are returned to the Artists with the remaining proceeds going towards running the art centre and providing customers with an ethical way to purchase Indigenous artwork. Visitors to Mimi can often enjoy the experience of artists painting at the centre.PutMiMi Aboriginal Art & Craft into our Katherine day trip planning tool and find out what's close by, where to stay, and where to head next.
Representing Artists from the entire Katherine region, Mimi collects artwork from an expansive 380,000 sq km. The Katherine region spans from the Tanami Desert in the west up to the Kimberley’s and across to the saltwater and freshwater people of Arnhem Land.
Mimi’s artwork is as diverse as the lands it represents; styles include polymer paint on canvas, bark painting, fibre weaving, jewellary, didgeridoos, limited edition prints, carving and weaponry.
Mimi Arts and Crafts Aboriginal Corporation Mission Statement
Mimi Arts and Crafts Strives to achieve the following objectives.
• to provide Indigenous artists with an equitable share of proceeds from sales
• to reinvest surpluses in resourcing Regional artists
• to deliver high quality, authentic product to the market place
• to provide a supportive and respectful workplace environment for artists
• to provide resources, training and encouragement to emerging artists
• to facilitate interface between artists and the broader community
• to maintain, reinvigorate and strengthen Indigenous culture through traditional and contemporary artistic expression
• to preserve and protect rights of intellectual property, copyright and cultural heritage
Create a full itinerary - for free!
MiMi Aboriginal Art & Craft reviews
Lot of art from local artists for sale. Very impressive collection. The only downside was that there were no artists working there that day which would have made it a 5 star experience. Recommend...
Lot of art from local artists for sale. Very impressive collection. The only downside was that there were no artists working there that day which would have made it a 5 star experience. Recommend... more »
There are two galleries- desert and top end/Arnhem. There was such a variety of styles from a select number of artists. Unfortunately my budget didn’t allow me to take home my favourite piece but we..... more
There are two galleries- desert and top end/Arnhem. There was such a variety of styles from a select number of artists. Unfortunately my budget didn’t allow me to take home my favourite piece but we..... more »
Friendly people and beautiful paintings
Very. Interesting array of local indigenous crafts at reasonable prices.
Plan your trip to Katherine
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in Katherine
Side trips from Katherine
Hidden gems in Katherine
Nearby attractions in Katherine
Nature in Katherine
Museums in Katherine
Trips in MiMi Aboriginal Art & Craft by other users
11 days in Katherine BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Gecko Canoeing & Trekking Nitmiluk Tours Nitmiluk (Katherine) Gorge 60 days in Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Canberra Adelaide Alice Springs 60 days in Europe, United States & South Pacific BY A USER FROM THE NETHERLANDS Annecy Chambery Nevers 9 days in Northern Territory BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Darwin Litchfield National Park Katherine 22 days in Mildura & Katherine BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA Mildura Katherine 36 days in Australia BY A USER FROM AUSTRALIA St George Longreach Tennant Creek